Lithium ion LiFePO4 sealed and maintenance-free battery.This battery has the following advantages;
- Weight 0.9Kg - about 1/3 of the weight of the comparable lead-acid battery
- Unbeatable cost / weight saving ratio
- Can be installed in any position, as there is no acid
- Contains no heavy metals
- Balanced discharge / charge of all cells
- Built in charge indicator facility
- Fast charging with high charging current possible (up to 90% in 6 min)
- Very low self-discharge (max 5% per month)
- Still performs well at temperatures of up to 60°C
- Manufacturer guaranteed sufficient starting capacity down to -5°C
- Safe technology and long service life
- Terminals as original specification, so this is a direct replacement battery.
- Higher cold cranking amps than the standard battery at 240CCA.
- Comes with 2 year warranty.
Please note this item can only be sent within UK and Europe.
Please note that only suitable chargers may be used for charging. We recommend the JMP Skan 4.0 lithium battery charger ACA90254, the Ctek Lithium XS charger ACA66504 or the Optimate 1 DUO ACA00150. For charging voltages and currents, see below;
- The maximum charging voltage of 14.9 volts must never be exceeded.
- Charging current recommended 2.0 A
- Maximum charge current for fast charge 20A
- Under no circumstances should chargers be used which attempt to desulphate deep-discharged batteries under 10 volts with a voltage of more than 14.9 volts before they begin the actual charge.
Lead-acid batteries can only use 30% of their capacity due to their specific properties, while nearly 100% of the capacity is available for lithium-ion batteries.
For this reason, the lithium versions of the JMT batteries require only 1/3 the capacity of a comparable lead-acid battery for the same starting power.
A uniform state of charge of all cells is also ensured by a built-in processor ("balancer").
The dimensions of the lithium-ion batteries can match the dimensions of the original lead-acid batteries, using adapters provided. The connections are identical, so the battery can be replaced in a few minutes without any further adjustments.
JMT lithium-ion batteries use iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material, and use the lithium-polymer process in their manufacture.
As a result, they can neither go up in flames, nor explode, in normal operation.
The technology and the manufacturing process guarantee the highest safety standard for lithium batteries.
|Associated BMW part||61 21 8 394 179|